Grass to Garden | City of Boulder
The City of Boulder & Resource Central invites you to transform your water-thirsty lawn into a beautiful, low-water, perennial garden with a FREE 200 sq. ft. Garden In A Box! Watch the informational webinar to learn more and apply today to receive your FREE garden in August/September.
Resource Central is committed to equal access to our programs for all individuals. If you are need of an accommodation or alternate webinar format, please contact us at email@example.com or call (303) 999-3820 x221.
- Create an account to view the webinar.
- Watch the prerequisite, 20 minute webinar.
- Pass the quiz or chat with a Resource Central representative.
- Choose a 200 sq. ft. (or more) area of your lawn to transform!
- Submit your application and other required documents (below) by July 10th.
- Landscape Design
- Before Photo
- Recent Water Bill
- Signed Contract
- HOA Approval (if applicable)
- Remove the approved section of grass and send photos.
- Pick up and plant your free Garden In A Box.
- Send a final photo of your new and improved water-wise landscape!
- Schedule your free irrigation consultation.
- 200 sq. ft. Garden In A Box (includes: starter plants, plant by number maps, and plant and care guide)
- Rain Bird Retro 1800 spray to drip irrigation conversion kit
- Lawn Removal 101
- Irrigation 101
- Grass to Garden: Step by Step
- Front Range Resource List
- 6 Steps to Transforming Your Lawn Video
- Spray-to-Drip Irrigation Conversion Video
- Transforming Your Lawn into a Xeriscape Garden Presentation
- “Water Savings Coming Soon” Yard Sign
- Example of a Landscape Design
- Rocky Mountain Retreat: Full Sun Garden
- Mountain Shadows: Part Shade Garden
“This is an awesome program and everyone I have interacted with has been super helpful, very clear and very awesome to work with!” – 2019 Boulder Grass to Garden Participant
“Turf removal & soil mitigation were no walk in the park, but WELL WORTH the effort… I’m very grateful to the program for the impetus to improve my environment!” – 2019 Boulder Grass to Garden Participant
“It’s something I’ve been wanting to do but as it was quite a project I kept putting it off. This program definitely motivated me. The free plants drew me in, but the education, support and deadlines also pushed me to complete it. I’m very pleased that it did.” – 2018 Boulder Grass to Garden Participant
Click below for even more resources!