Grass to Garden | City of Lafayette
The City of Lafayette & Resource Central invites you to transform your water-thirsty lawn into a beautiful, low-water, perennial garden with a FREE 200 sq. ft. Garden In A Box! Lafayette residents also have the option to apply for a hardscape rebate, where the City will apply a $1/sq. ft. rebate on your water bill (up to $1,000) for replacing your grass with permeable hardscape. You can even do both! Watch the informational webinar to learn more and apply to receive your FREE garden this August/September!
Resource Central is committed to equal access to our programs for all individuals. If you are need of an accommodation or alternate webinar format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303) 999-3820 x221.
- Create an account to view the webinar.
- Watch the prerequisite 30 minute webinar.
- Pass the quiz or chat with a Resource Central representative.
- Choose a 200 sq. ft. (or more) area of your lawn to transform!
- Submit your application and other required documents (below) by July 10th.
- Landscape Design
- Before Photo
- Recent Water Bill
- Signed Contract
- HOA Approval (if applicable)
- Receive your FREE Lawn Removal Consultation.
- Remove the approved section of grass and send photos.
- Pick up and plant your free Garden In A Box.
- Send a final photo of your new and improved water-wise landscape!
- Schedule your free irrigation consultation.
New This Year!
We are offering our Lawn Removal Service to Lafayette Grass to Garden participants! We’ll do the heavy lifting for you – all you have to do is plant your FREE Garden In A Box. Lawn removal will cost $2/sq. ft. for homeowners. Enroll today!
- 200 sq. ft. Garden In A Box (includes: starter plants, plant by number maps, and plant and care guide)
- Rain Bird Retro 1800 spray to drip irrigation conversion kit
- Water bill credit (Lafayette only – *must have lived in home for 2 years)
- Lawn Removal 101
- Irrigation 101
- Grass to Garden: Step by Step
- Permeable Hardscape Fact Sheet
- Front Range Resource List
- 6 Steps to Transforming Your Lawn Video
- Spray-to-Drip Irrigation Conversion Video
- Transforming Your Lawn into a Xeriscape Garden Presentation
- “Water Savings Coming Soon” Yard Sign
- Example of a Landscape Design
- Rocky Mountain Retreat: Full Sun Garden
- Mountain Shadows: Part Shade Garden
“The turf removal and planting were about what I expected, but the plant designs and choices exceeded my expectations. They still need to fill in but they are already beautiful.” – 2019 Lafayette Grass to Garden Participant
“We are very happy with our garden, and we love the program!” – 2019 Lafayette Grass to Garden Participant
“[My yard] went from a drab rectangle of grass that was very difficult to keep alive to a mass of plants of different colors & textures flowering at different times throughout the year – not to mention all the bees, butterflies, hummingbirds, etc.” – 2017 Lafayette Grass to Garden Participant
Click below for even more resources!