Just as the mountains light up with alpenglow, this garden brings that same golden rosy hue to your landscape all summer long. Designed with our mountain residents in mind, this garden is hardy to at least 8,000’ (many plants hardy to 10,000’), but it will grow just as beautifully for our lower elevation, front-range folks, as well! With shades of yellows, pinks, purples, and whites this cheerful garden includes perennial favorites like Black-eyed Susan, Bee Balm, Rocky Mountain Penstemon, Basket of Gold, and Prairie Smoke Avens. This 72 square foot full sun garden will coax the butterflies and birds to dance about the blossoms of 14 different varieties and 23 plants.
- Covers: 72 sq. ft.
- 23 starter plants with 14 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- 2 plant by number layout options (6'x12' rectangle and 12'x12' triangle)
- Exposure: Full Sun (requires a minimum of 6 hours direct sun per day)
- Mature Height: 1 in. to 3.5 ft.
- Hardy To: 8,000 to 11,000 ft.
- Colorful: Spring to Fall
- Benefits: Locally grown and hardy for higher altitudes.
What To Expect
- Our xeric gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 30 starter plants in 4-inch pots.* Plants will be small relative to their mature size, and they will not be in full bloom.
- First year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap! During the 1st and 2nd growing season, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size.
- On average, allow 3 years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car - yes, we're talking Mini Cooper small - unless you ordered multiple gardens (we're not judging). One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays (pictured left).
- *When necessary, Resource Central shall select appropriate plant substitutions.
Basket of Gold
Black Eyed Susan
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies
Attracts: Butterflies, Bees, Birds
Indian Rice Grass
Attracts: Butterflies, Birds
Native Lavender Bee Balm
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies, Hummingbirds
Prairie Smoke Avens
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies
Rocky Mountain Penstemon
Attracts: Native Bees
Attracts: Butterflies, Insects
What Customers Say
Planting Maps Make It A Breeze
“What a great way to get water-efficient plants! Loved the mix and the suggested garden layouts made the whole planting process a breeze.”
One of the Best Organized Experiences
“This was one of the best organized experiences I have been to. I’m enjoying what I am growing currently and fully intend to do this again with more boxes.”
Healthy Plants Already Blooming
“Very healthy plants that were surprisingly good sized. Some are already blooming in my garden! I highly recommend this program as I got varieties that I would not have normally chosen.”
Fort Collins Customer