Bask in the yin-yang balance provided by the native Colorado Oasis garden. The garden’s unique design draws inspiration from the canyons found along the Colorado Front Range. Warm-toned blooms harmonize with cool-toned blooms mirroring the sunny and shady walls of a canyon. The Blue Grama Grass and Switchgrass provide texture and movement, reminiscent of a river meandering through the canyon bottom. Colorado Oasis covers 60 sqft and features 15 native, xeric perennials!
At times, we may have to substitute specific plants but we will always do our best to maintain the color and feel of this garden.
- Designed By: Cheval Oldaker of Ecoscape Environmental Designs
- Covers: 60 sqft
- Purchase Includes:
- 15 starter plants with 8 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- 1 plant by number layout option (6' x 10' rectangle)
- Printed educational materials with watering guidelines and plant maintenance suggestions
- Exposure: Full sun to part shade (requires a minimum of 4 hrs of direct or indirect sun per day)
- Mature Height Range: 6 in. to 5 ft.
- Hardiness Max: 7,000 ft.
- Bloom Time: Spring to fall
- Locally grown
- Adaptable sun exposure - full sun to part shade
- All 8 plants are native to Colorado!
- 4 of 8 plants are deer resistant*
- 2 of 8 plants are rabbit resistant*
Blue Native Harebell
Prairie Red Coneflower
Attracts: Bees, Birds, Butterflies
Rocky Mountain Penstemon
Blue Grama Grass
Attracts: Birds, Butterflies
Sea Holly or White Yarrow
Black-Eyed Susan or Native Blanket Flower
What To Expect
- Our xeric gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 30 starter plants in 4-inch pots.* Upon pickup, plants will be small relative to their mature size and they may not be in full bloom.
- Occasionally things don't grow as planned. When necessary, Resource Central may select appropriate plant substitutions for any plants listed in this garden.
- "First year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap!" During the first and second growing seasons, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size. On average, allow two to three years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car - yes, we're talking Mini Cooper small - unless you ordered multiple gardens (we're not judging). One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft x 1 ft trays (pictured left).
What Customers Say
Easy and Fun
So user-friendly and fun-- it made gardening easy!
Hardy and Thriving
I have been changing my front lawn to xeriscape over the last 6 years and have been buying GIAB since the beginning. These are the only plants that ever survive. My garden is gorgeous and I can't say enough about these gardens.
Good deal for the money. The handy PDF file is informative. Liked having suggested designs.