Bask in the yin-yang balance provided by the native Colorado Oasis garden. The garden’s unique design draws inspiration from the canyons found along the Colorado Front Range! Warm-toned blooms harmonize with cool-toned blooms mirroring the sunny and shady walls of a canyon. The Blue Grama Grass and Switchgrass provide texture and movement, reminiscent of a river meandering through the canyon bottom. Colorado Oasis covers 60 sq. ft. and features 15 native, xeric perennials!
- Designed By: Cheval Oldaker of Ecoscape Environmental Designs
- Covers: 60 sq. ft.
- 15 starter plants with 8 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- 1 plant by number layout option (6' x 10' rectangle)
- Exposure: Full sun to part shade (requires a minimum of 4 hrs of direct or indirect sun per day)
- Mature Height Range: 6 in. to 5 ft.
- Hardiness Max: 7,000 ft.
- Bloom Time: Spring to fall
- Locally grown
- Adaptable sun exposure - full sun to part shade
- All 8 plants are native to Colorado!
- 4 of 8 plants are deer resistant*
- 2 of 8 plants are rabbit resistant*
What To Expect
- Our xeric gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 30 starter plants in 4-inch pots. ** Plants will be small relative to their mature size, and they will not be in full bloom.
- "First year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap!" During the 1st and 2nd growing season, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size. On average, allow 3 years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity then start dialing back your water usage!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car - yes, we're talking Mini Cooper small - unless you ordered multiple gardens (we're not judging). One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays (pictured left).
Blue Grama Grass
Blue Native Harebell
Prairie Red Coneflower
Attracts: Birds, Bees, and Butterflies
Rocky Mountain Penstemon
Attracts: Butterflies and Birds
Western Blue Spiderwort
Attracts: Butterflies and Hummingbirds
What Customers Say
Easy and Fun
So user-friendly and fun-- it made gardening easy!
Hardy and Thriving
I have been changing my front lawn to xeriscape over the last 6 years and have been buying GIAB since the beginning. These are the only plants that ever survive. My garden is gorgeous and I can't say enough about these gardens.
Good deal for the money. The handy PDF file is informative. Liked having suggested designs.