Wake up each day to the “Morning Sunrise” outside your window with this full sun garden. A vibrant display of color from late spring to summer, the pastels, magentas, lavenders, and golden yellows of the Morning Sunrise Garden will brighten even the cloudiest day. The highlights include Blue Queen Salvia’s distinguished stalks of deep purple flowers, Sprawling Speedwell’s star-shaped blooms, and Husker Red Penstemon’s decadent white flowers and red-hued foliage. This garden features 27 plants and three unique 100 square foot plant by number designs to accommodate your individual space. Mirror Colorado’s beautiful sunrises in your landscape and enjoy these delightful perennials for years to come.
- Covers: 100 sq. ft.
- 27 starter plants with 11 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- 3 plant by number layout options (4 ft. x 25 ft. rectangle, 10 ft. x 10 ft. square and 14. ft. x 14.5 ft. triangle)
- Exposure: Full Sun (requires a minimum of 6 hours per day)
- Mature Height: 4 in. to 7 ft.
- Hardy To: 6,000 to 9,000 feet
- Colorful: Spring to Late Summer
- Benefits: Locally grown and pollinator friendly
What To Expect
- Xeric Gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 27 starter plants in 4-inch pots. Plants will be small relative to their mature size, and they will not be in full bloom.
- During the 1st and 2nd growing season, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size.
- On average, allow 3 years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car. One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft. x 1ft. trays (pictured left).
Garden Varieties / Plant Specifics
Black Eyed Susan
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies
Blue Queen Salvia
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies, Hummingbirds
Husker Red Penstemon
Attracts: Butterflies, Hummingbirds
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies, Small Birds
Attracts: Butterflies, Beneficial Insects
Most simply put, “Garden In A Box” is an easy, professionally designed, do it yourself xeric (low water) perennial kit.
Gardens include 14-27 starter plants that come in either 4-inch. These plants come in rectangular 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays (see photo below), and will be hardened-off and ready to plant when you pick them up!
Each garden also includes 1-4 professionally designed plant by number maps that make it easy to install your own perennial garden at home, and a comprehensive Plant and Care Guide that includes everything you will need to know to prepare for, plant, and maintain your new garden.
All gardens will be available for pick up at one of our convenient distribution locations during the month of September. (For the complete 2018 Garden In A Box pick up schedule, see below.) To select your pick up, you must “Proceed to Checkout” on our online store where you will then be prompted to select your pick up location, date, and time. We do not ship our plants.
You may be eligible for a $25 discount on our pre-planned Xeriscape garden collection through your water provider. To claim your discount you will have to first “Proceed to Check Out” in the garden store where you will be prompted to select your water provider. Your discount(s) should then automatically be applied to your order.
Discounts are limited, so make sure you order your garden sooner rather than later!
Residents in participating cities can receive a $25 discount on xeric gardens as long as discounts are still available.
2018 Fall participating cities include:
- Centennial Water
- Cottonwood Water and Sanitation District
- Denver Water
- Fort Collins Utilities
- Loveland Water and Power
Whether you reside in a participating city or not, you may purchase a garden without the discount.
- Saturday, September 15th
- Boulder County, Resource Central, 6400 Arapahoe Rd, 80303, 12-3pm
- Denver, Greenwood Village City Hall, 6060 S. Quebec St, 80111, 12-3pm
- Wednesday, September 19th
- Highlands Ranch, Civic Green Park: 9370 Ridgeline Blvd, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129, 4-7pm. Please enter from Burgundy street (the east side) and drive west to pick up your gardens. The pick up will take place at the west end of Green Ash Street along the sidewalk.
- Thursday, September 20th
- Northglenn (Adams County), Maintenance and Operations Facility, 12301 Claude Ct, 80241, 4-7pm
- Saturday, September 22nd
- Westminster/Arvada, Westminster City Hall, 4800 W 92nd Ave, 80031, 12-3pm
- Fort Collins/Loveland, Front Range Community College, 4616 S. Shields St, 80526, 12-3pm
- Saturday, September 29th
- Greeley/Eaton, Greeley Xeric Gardens, 2503 Reservoir Rd, 80634, 12-3pm
Absolutely. Just make sure that they know the first and last name on the order and what exactly you ordered.
No, not exactly. Your Garden In A Box can easily be planted in a raised bed or garden “box,” but it does not include an actual box to plant the garden in. For full details on what your Garden In A Box does include, see above – “What is a ‘Garden In A Box’ and what does it include?”
Probably, but this will depend on how many gardens you have purchased. Each garden will come with either one or two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays of plants, so please plan accordingly.
Gardens with one 2 ft. x 1 ft. tray:
• Purple Reign
• Xeric Greatest Hits
Gardens with two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays:
• Morning Sunrise
• Seasons of Shade
• Cool Connection
All our plants are born and raised in Colorado. Our perennial plants come from Little Valley Wholesale Nursery in Brighton, one of the largest and most reputable nurseries in Colorado.
No. None of our plants have ever been treated with neonicotinoids.
What Customers Say
Quality Plants and Design
“The plants are the best quality around and I love the pre-made designs. My yard looks amazing!”
Denver Water Customer
Detailed Plant Care Information
"The plant and care guide is amazing! I'm just starting to learn to garden and it is so helpful to have all of the information on how to keep my plants healthy in one place."
City of Longmont Customer
Create A Pollinator Friendly Habitat
“Very happy with everything you guys have provided. My plants are quite healthy even though I haven't gotten them all in the ground yet. I've had tons of native/non-honeybee bees enjoying all the flowers, which I am so happy to see. And of course, they are attractive to humans too. I think you have balanced the goals of resource conservation, human enjoyment, and pollinator habitat well. I've recommended your program to all my friends and family. Keep doing good things!”
City of Westminster Customer