Bring a medley of color to your yard’s canopy-covered corners with this charming shade tolerant garden. Let your shaded areas inspire you to kick back and relax as you find reprieve from the hot summer’s sun. This garden includes favorites like, the cool delicate blooms of the False Forget-Me-Not and Balloon Flower, and the brilliant green and white variegated foliage of the Purple Dragon Nettle, Snow Angel Coral Bells and Overdam Feather Reed Grass. Boasting 10 varieties and 15 plants, the 60 square foot Mountain Medley garden will lighten up those shaded areas of your yard with delightful bursts of color.
*When paired with the complementary Summer’s Dream, our large 98 sq. ft. shade garden, your shaded areas will sing with color. If you purchase both the Summer’s Dream and Mountain Medley gardens, then you will receive a special, professionally designed plant by number map that combines the two gardens into one 160 sq. ft. design.
- Covers: 60 sq. ft.
- 15 starter plants with 10 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- 2 plant by number layout options (5'x12' rectangle and 11'x11' triangle)
- Combined with Summer's Dream (8'x20' rectangle or 160 sq. ft.)
- Exposure: Shade (Only 4 hours of indirect or direct sun per day)
- Mature Height: 2 in. to 3 ft.
- Hardy To: 6,500 to 9,000 ft.
- Colorful: Early Spring to Fall
- Benefits: Locally grown and pollinator-attracting. Combine with Summer's Dream for a larger shade garden!
What To Expect
- Our xeric gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 30 starter plants in 4-inch pots.* Plants will be small relative to their mature size, and they will not be in full bloom.
- First year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap! During the 1st and 2nd growing season, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size.
- On average, allow 3 years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car - yes, we're talking Mini Cooper small - unless you ordered multiple gardens (we're not judging). One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays (pictured left).
- *When necessary, Resource Central shall select appropriate plant substitutions.
Alexander's Great False Forget-Me-Not
Blue Balloon Flower
Crystal River Speedwell
Overdam Reed Feather Grass
Purple Dragon Nettle
Attracts: Butterflies, Bees, Birds
Palace Purple Coral Bells
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies, Hummingbirds
Snow Angel Coral Bells
What Customers Say
Best Way To Add Beauty
“Thank you for the opportunity to participate. I hope you will continue to spread the word, Garden in a box is the best way I have found to efficiently add beauty to my outside area and conserve water and also cut back on weeds.”
Great Mix of Perennials
“Great mix of low water usage flowers.”
Castle Rock Customer
Appropriate Plants for Colorado
“This was a fantastic way for us to landscape with plants that area appropriate to Colorado and will help us save what will soon be one of our most precious resources. We’re so glad we found this program!”