Naturally Native was designed with our local pollinators in mind which, naturally, means it features local native plants! These native xeric perennials have evolved in the Front Range and along the Foothills of Colorado and work together to feed and play host to numerous varieties of bees, butterflies and more. The color palette of this garden includes salmon red, pink, golden yellow, lavender, brilliant blue and the cooling silvery green. A few favorites in this garden’s lineup are Native Lavender Bee Balm, Dwarf Blue Rabbitbrush, Native Gayfeather and Wild Blue Flax. This attractive 60 sq. ft. garden is a natural choice for those gardeners who encourage native perennials and pollinators in their yard with 15 total plants of 8 varieties.
Product DetailsDesigned By: Stephanie Kopplin of City of Fort Collins
- Covers: 60 sq. ft.
- 15 starter plants with 8 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- 3 plant by number layout options (5' x 12' rectangle; 6' x 13' oval; and 9' circle)
- Exposure: Full sun (requires a minimum of 6 hours direct sun per day)
- Mature Height: 1 in. to 4 ft.
- Hardy To: 8,000 ft.
- Bloom Time: Late spring to fall
- Benefits: Locally grown, native varieties, most plants resist deer, and pollinator supporting.
What To Expect
- Our xeric gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 30 starter plants in 4-inch pots. Plants will be small relative to their mature size, and they will not be in full bloom.
- "First year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap!" During the 1st and 2nd growing season, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size. On average, allow 3 years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car - yes, we're talking Mini Cooper small - unless you ordered multiple gardens (we're not judging). One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays (pictured left).
- *When necessary, Resource Central shall select appropriate plant substitutions.
Dwarf Blue Rabbitbrush
Attracts: Bees and Butterflies
Little Bluestem Grass
Attracts: Bees, Birds, Butterflies, and Hummingbirds
Native Lavender Bee Balm
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies, and Hummingbirds
Wild Blue Flax
What Customers Say
Quality Plants with Rapid Growth
“I was really surprised to see first year flowering and rapid growth. The care these plants had...was much higher quality than the plants I’ve purchased elsewhere in the past. I am very impressed as none of the plantings have failed. Will definitely buy again. Saving water and having a lovely garden is wonderful. Your staff is great!”
City of Northglenn Customer
Gardens to Fill Your Yard
“This was our third year planting a garden in a box and so most of our yard consists of them! Our garden was on the Arvada historical Society garden tour this year and we got a lot of great feedback about our plants.”
City of Arvada Customer
Magical Transformations for Pollinators and People
“Thank You! The Gardens in a Box have made for an incredible transformation in my backyard and has been magical journey for me and my grandchildren as they learn more about pollinators. Looking forward to adding more next year!”
Loveland Water & Power Customer