The Purple Reign Garden is the perfect addition to any low light area in your landscape. Early season beauties like the Palace Purple Coral Bells and European Pasque Flower will bring royal elegance to your landscape in spring. The soft hues of blues, pinks and purples reign in this garden, creating a peaceful place to relax in the shade and smell the Zing Roses during the sweltering summer heat. With plants like the Alpine Columbine and the Corsican Violet, this garden is even well suited for higher elevations, up to 9,000’. The Purple Reign Garden covers 60 square feet and features 15 show-stopping xeric perennials that will make your landscape sing!
- Covers: 60 sq. ft.
- 15 starter plants with 10 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- 2 plant by number layout options (8 ft. x 7.5 ft. rectangle or 10 ft. x 6.5 ft. rounded rectangle)
- Exposure: Part Shade (Must receive at least 4 hrs. of Partial Sun per day)
- Mature Height: 2 in. to 4 ft.
- Hardy To: 7,000 to 9,000 feet
- Colorful: Early Spring to Late Summer
- Benefits: Locally grown, pollinator friendly, and perfect for shadier parts of your lawn
What To Expect
- Xeric Gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 27 starter plants in 4-inch pots. Plants will be small relative to their mature size, and they will not be in full bloom.
- During the 1st and 2nd growing season, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size.
- On average, allow 3 years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car. One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft. x 1ft. trays (pictured left).
Garden Varieties / Plant Specifics
Crystal River Speedwell
European Pasque Flower
Attracts: Bees, Hummingbirds
Palace Purple Coral Bells
Zing Rose Maiden Pinks
Most simply put, “Garden In A Box” is an easy, professionally designed, do it yourself xeric (low water) perennial kit.
Gardens include 14-27 starter plants that come in either 4-inch. These plants come in rectangular 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays (see photo below), and will be hardened-off and ready to plant when you pick them up!
Each garden also includes 1-4 professionally designed plant by number maps that make it easy to install your own perennial garden at home, and a comprehensive Plant and Care Guide that includes everything you will need to know to prepare for, plant, and maintain your new garden.
All gardens will be available for pick up at one of our convenient distribution locations during the month of September. (For the complete 2018 Garden In A Box pick up schedule, see below.) To select your pick up, you must “Proceed to Checkout” on our online store where you will then be prompted to select your pick up location, date, and time. We do not ship our plants.
You may be eligible for a $25 discount on our pre-planned Xeriscape garden collection through your water provider. To claim your discount you will have to first “Proceed to Check Out” in the garden store where you will be prompted to select your water provider. Your discount(s) should then automatically be applied to your order.
Discounts are limited, so make sure you order your garden sooner rather than later!
Residents in participating cities can receive a $25 discount on xeric gardens as long as discounts are still available.
2018 Fall participating cities include:
- Centennial Water
- Cottonwood Water and Sanitation District
- Denver Water
- Fort Collins Utilities
- Loveland Water and Power
Whether you reside in a participating city or not, you may purchase a garden without the discount.
- Saturday, September 15th
- Boulder County, Resource Central, 6400 Arapahoe Rd, 80303, 12-3pm
- Denver, Greenwood Village City Hall, 6060 S. Quebec St, 80111, 12-3pm
- Wednesday, September 19th
- Highlands Ranch, Civic Green Park: 9370 Ridgeline Blvd, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129, 4-7pm. Please enter from Burgundy street (the east side) and drive west to pick up your gardens. The pick up will take place at the west end of Green Ash Street along the sidewalk.
- Thursday, September 20th
- Northglenn (Adams County), Maintenance and Operations Facility, 12301 Claude Ct, 80241, 4-7pm
- Saturday, September 22nd
- Westminster/Arvada, Westminster City Hall, 4800 W 92nd Ave, 80031, 12-3pm
- Fort Collins/Loveland, Front Range Community College, 4616 S. Shields St, 80526, 12-3pm
- Greeley/Eaton, Greeley Xeric Gardens, 2503 Reservoir Rd, 80634, 12-3pm
Absolutely. Just make sure that they know the first and last name on the order and what exactly you ordered.
No, not exactly. Your Garden In A Box can easily be planted in a raised bed or garden “box,” but it does not include an actual box to plant the garden in. For full details on what your Garden In A Box does include, see above – “What is a ‘Garden In A Box’ and what does it include?”
Probably, but this will depend on how many gardens you have purchased. Each garden will come with either one or two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays of plants, so please plan accordingly.
Gardens with one 2 ft. x 1 ft. tray:
• Purple Reign
• Xeric Greatest Hits
Gardens with two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays:
• Morning Sunrise
• Seasons of Shade
• Cool Connection
All our plants are born and raised in Colorado. Our perennial plants come from Little Valley Wholesale Nursery in Brighton, one of the largest and most reputable nurseries in Colorado.
No. None of our plants have ever been treated with neonicotinoids.
What Customers Say
A Fun Process
“The whole process from discount, choices of boxes, pick up and planting has been pain free and fun.” - Town of Erie Customer
Town of Erie Customer
Gardening Made Easy
"This was a spectacular program. We are very happy with our new garden. We only lost one Himalayan Border plant and that was my fault for a watering mistake. The other plants are thriving. The garden and the guide were perfect for us. Thank you."
City of Arvada Customer
The Joy of Watching Your Garden Grow
“Love my Garden In A Box. Just 6 weeks after planting I already have flowering plants! So excited to watch it grow!”
Town of Superior Customer