Lighten and brighten the shaded areas of your landscape with the Shades of Summer Garden In A Box! Thriving in areas that receive only 4 hours of sun per day, this garden boasts boldly-colored, xeric perennials that appreciate a break from the hot summer sun. Ranging in color from soft pinks to deep reds to blues and golden yellow, these brilliant show-stopping plants are not to be missed. Favorite varieties include Redleaf Bergenia, Plumbago, Red Coral Bells, and Sea Kale. The Shades of Summer fits into a 96 sq. ft. space and features 28 starter plants. Relax in the welcomed summer shade and enjoy this eye-catching water-wise garden.
- Covers: 96 sq.ft.
- 28 starter plants with 8 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- 3 plant by number layout options (6' x 6' rectangle, 12' x 5' rectangle and 12' x 12' triangle with arc)
- Exposure: Part shade (only 4 hrs. of direct or indirect sun per day)
- Mature Height Range: 6 in. to 6 ft.
- Hardiness Range: 7,000 to 9,500 ft.
- Colorful: Early spring to summer
- Benefits: Locally grown, organic, and pollinator friendly
What To Expect
- Our xeric gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 30 starter plants in 4-inch pots. Plants will be small relative to their mature size, and they will not be in full bloom.
- "First year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap!" During the 1st and 2nd growing season, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size. On average, allow 3 years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car - yes, we're talking Mini Cooper small - unless you ordered multiple gardens (we're not judging). One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays (pictured left).
- *When necessary, Resource Central shall select appropriate plant substitutions.
Garden Varieties / Plant Specifics
Tufted Hair Grass
Cambridge Cranesbill Geranium
Attracts: Butterflies, Hummingbirds
Red Coral Bells
What Customers Say
Quality Plants and Design
“The plants are the best quality around and I love the pre-made designs. My yard looks amazing!”
Denver Water Customer
Create A Pollinator Friendly Habitat
“Very happy with everything you guys have provided. My plants are quite healthy even though I haven't gotten them all in the ground yet. I've had tons of native/non-honeybee bees enjoying all the flowers, which I am so happy to see. And of course, they are attractive to humans too. I think you have balanced the goals of resource conservation, human enjoyment, and pollinator habitat well. I've recommended your program to all my friends and family. Keep doing good things!”
City of Westminster Customer
Detailed Plant Care Information
"The plant and care guide is amazing! I'm just starting to learn to garden and it is so helpful to have all of the information on how to keep my plants healthy in one place."
City of Longmont Customer