Looking to just fill a few empty spots in your full sun garden? Perhaps you just need to add a few additional warm tones to your garden? This six pack of full sun low-water perennials works perfectly to help fill out your existing garden beds with warm-toned beauties. The orange of the Gay Butterfly, red of the Pineleaf Penstemon, and bronze of the Little Bluestem grass in fall complete this warm-toned mix pack.
At times, we may have to substitute specific plants but we will always do our best to maintain the original color and feel of the plants listed below.
- Purchase Includes:
- 6 starter plants with 3 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- Plant as you wish! Plant by number layouts not included.
- Printed educational materials with watering guidelines and plant maintenance suggestions
- Exposure: Full sun (requires a minimum of 6 hrs of direct sun per day)
- Mature Height Range: 6 in. to 4 ft.
- Hardiness Max: 8,000 ft.
- Bloom Time: Summer to fall
- Locally grown
- All plants are native to Colorado!
- 3 of 3 plants are deer resistant*
- 2 of 3 plants are rabbit resistant*
Attracts: Butterflies, Hummingbirds
Little Bluestem Grass
What To Expect
- Our xeric gardens feature anywhere from 6 to 51 starter plants in 4-inch pots. Upon pick up, plants will be small relative to their mature size and they may not be in full bloom.
- Occasionally things don't grow as planned. At times, we may have to substitute specific plants but we will always do our best to maintain the color and feel of this garden.
- "First year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap!" During the first and second growing seasons, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size. On average, allow two to three years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Most gardens will easily fit in a small car - yes, we're talking Mini Cooper small - unless you ordered multiple gardens (we're not judging). One garden will come in either one, two, or four 2 ft x 1 ft trays, (pictured left). For more information on the size of gardens, visit our FAQs Page.
What Customers Say
Easy and Fun
So user-friendly and fun-- it made gardening easy!
Hardy and Thriving
I have been changing my front lawn to xeriscape over the last 6 years and have been buying GIAB since the beginning. These are the only plants that ever survive. My garden is gorgeous and I can't say enough about these gardens.
Good deal for the money. The handy PDF file is informative. Liked having suggested designs.