Eat fresh, home-grown produce all summer long! Modeled after the historical “victory gardens” that were planted during World War I and World War II to reduce the pressure on the public food supply, our take on the Victory Garden offers a basic assortment of American meal-time must-haves. With a variety of all-organic leafy-greens, Striped Roma Tomatoes, Sedona Onions, Burgundy Beans, California Wonder Peppers, and more, the Victory Garden offers something fresh for every meal. This organic veggie garden fits into a 21 square foot space, prefers full to part sun, and includes 32 plants. Keep it simple, keep it local, and keep it coming all summer long with the Victory Garden.
- Covers: 21 sq. ft.
- 32 Organic Veggie Starter Plants with 13 different varieties in 2-inch pots
- 1 plant by number layout option (3 ft. x 7 ft. rectangle)
- Exposure: Full Sun to Partial Sun
- Mature Height: 6 in. to 6 ft.
- Days to Harvest: 30 to 110 days
- Benefits: Locally grown and organic
What To Expect
- The Veggie Garden boasts 32 starter plants in 2-inch pots. Plants will be small relative to their mature size.
- Days to harvest will vary for each plant.
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car. One garden will come in one 2 ft. x 1 ft. tray (pictured left).
Garden Varieties / Plant Specifics
California Wonder Pepper
Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
Italian Large Leaf Basil
Red Express Cabbage
Royal Burgundy Beans
Striped Roma Tomato
Most simply put, “Garden In A Box” is an easy, professionally designed, do it yourself xeric (low water) perennial or veggie garden kit.
Gardens include 14-32 starter plants that come in either 4-inch or 2.5-inch pots. These plants come in rectangular 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays (see photo below), and will be hardened-off and ready to plant when you pick them up!
Each garden also includes 1-3 professionally designed plant by number maps that make it easy to install your own perennial or vegetable garden at home, and a comprehensive Plant and Care Guide that includes everything you will need to know to prepare for, plant, and maintain your new garden.
All gardens will be available for pick up at one of our convenient distribution locations during the months of May and early June. (For the complete 2018 Garden In A Box pick up schedule, see below.) To select your pick up, you must “Proceed to Checkout” on our online store where you will then be prompted to select your pick up location, date, and time. We do not ship our plants.
You may be eligible for a $25 discount on our pre-planned Xeriscape garden collection through your water provider. To claim your discount you will have to first “Proceed to Check Out” in the garden store where you will be prompted to select your water provider. Your discount(s) should then automatically be applied to your order.
Note: The Victory Garden is not eligible for the $25 discount.
Discounts are limited, so make sure you order your garden sooner rather than later!
The Victory Garden is not eligible for the $25 discount.
Whether you reside in a participating city or not, you may purchase a garden without the discount.
- Saturday May 5th
- Denver (South), Greenwood Village City Hall, 6060 South Quebec St, 80111, 12pm-3pm
- Westminster/Arvada, Westminster City Hall, 4800 West 92nd Ave, 80031, 12pm-3pm
- Thursday May 10th
- Loveland, Loveland Power & Water, 200 North Wilson Ave, 80537, 4pm-7pm
- Saturday May 12th
- Golden, Public Works/Planning Office, 1445 10th St, 80401, 12pm-3pm
- Longmont, Longmont Service Center, 1100 South Sherman St, 80501 12pm-3pm
- Boulder County, Resource Central, 6400 Arapahoe Rd, 80303, 12pm-3pm
- Thursday May 17th
- Adams County (Brighton, Lochbuie, Northglenn, Thornton), Adams County Fairgrounds, North Parking Lot at Waymire Dome, 9755 Henderson Rd, 80601, 4pm-7pm
- Saturday May 19th
- Denver (Central), Auraria Campus, Elm Parking Lot, 1201 5th St, 80204, 12pm-3pm
- Greeley, Greeley Xeric Gardens, 2503 Reservoir Rd, 80634, 12pm-3pm
- Lafayette/Erie, City of Lafayette City Hall, 1290 South Public Rd, 80026, 12pm-3pm
- Wednesday May 23rd
- Arvada, Majestic View Nature Center, 7030 Garrison St, 80004, 4pm-7pm
- Thursday May 24th
- Denver (West), Abraham Lincoln High School, 2285 South Federal Blvd, 80219, 5pm-7:30pm
- Wednesday May 30th
- Boulder County, Resource Central, 6400 Arapahoe Rd, 80303, 4pm-7pm
- Thursday May 31st
- Highlands Ranch, Shea Stadium, 3270 Redstone Park Cir, 80129, 4pm-7pm
- Saturday June 2nd
- Castle Rock, Castle Rock Water, 175 Kellogg Ct, 80109, 11am-2pm
- Denver (Highlands), Edison Elementary School, 3350 Quitman St, 80212, 11am-2pm
- Fort Collins, Front Range Community College, 4616 South Shields St, 80526, 11am-2pm
Absolutely. Just make sure that they know the first and last name on the order and what exactly you ordered.
No, not exactly. Your Garden In A Box can easily be planted in a raised bed or garden “box,” but it does not include an actual box to plant the garden in. For full details on what your Garden In A Box does include, see above – “What is a ‘Garden In A Box’ and what does it include?”
Probably, but this will depend on how many gardens you have purchased. Each garden will come with either one or two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays of plants, so please plan accordingly.
Gardens with one 2 ft. x 1 ft. tray:
• Hummingbird Delight
• Purple Reign
• Xeric Greatest Hits
• Victory Garden
Gardens with two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays:
• Butterfly Bounty
• Colors of Colorado
• Honey Bee Heaven
• Painted Shade
All our plants are born and raised in Colorado. Our perennial plants come from Little Valley Wholesale Nursery in Brighton, one of the largest and most reputable nurseries in Colorado, and Gulley Greenhouse in Fort Collins. Our all-organic vegetable plants are grown at Elliott Gardens in Denver.
No. None of our plants have ever been treated with neonicotinoids.
What Customers Say
Grow Your Own!
"I love the idea of growing food for our use."
Denver Water Customer
Healthy Plants and Happy Gardeners
“I love this program! Plants are healthy and beautiful. This is making a gardener out of me.”
City of Longmont Customer
Pleasant Experience All Around
"We love our garden. The entire process of registering for a garden, pick up, and planting could not have been easier. Our garden is growing well and we are extremely pleased. We will order another one."
Denver Water Customer