The growers have spoken! Our friends at Little Valley Wholesale Nursery in Brighton, CO have created this year’s Xeric Greatest Hits Garden, a striking compilation of their favorite xeric perennials to be used creatively throughout your garden. Rather than a traditional Garden In A Box with a set plant by number design, this garden provides individual plants to fill in the gaps and holes in your existing landscape. Featuring the Nursery’s favorite xeric perennials, the Xeric Greatest Hits Garden includes 14 plants that are extremely low-maintenance, easy to grow, and thrive in our dry and sometimes unpredictable Colorado climate. This garden will make it easy to add a splash of color and to customize your water savings just where you need it!
- 14 starter plants with 7 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- Plant as you wish! Plant by number layout not included.
- Exposure: Full Sun to Filtered Shade (Most of the plants require a minimum of 6 hrs. of Full Sun per day)
- Mature Height: 4 in. to 2 ft.
- Hardy To: 7,500 feet
- Colorful: Early Spring to Fall
- Benefits: Locally grown, pollinator friendly, and perfect for filling in gaps and holes in your landscape
What To Expect
- Xeric Gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 30 starter plants in 4-inch pots. Plants will be small relative to their mature size, and they will not be in full bloom.
- During the 1st and 2nd growing season, your xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size.
- On average, allow 3 years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car. One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays (pictured left).
Garden Varieties / Plant Specifics
Blue Queen Salvia
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies, Hummingbirds
Dwarf Red Fall Aster
Sideoats Grama Grass
Turquoise Tails Stonecrop
White Dwarf Sun Daisey
Most simply put, “Garden In A Box” is an easy, professionally designed, do it yourself xeric (low water) perennial or veggie garden kit.
Gardens include 14-32 starter plants that come in either 4-inch or 2.5-inch pots. These plants come in rectangular 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays (see photo below), and will be hardened-off and ready to plant when you pick them up!
Each garden also includes 1-3 professionally designed plant by number maps that makes it easy to install your own perennial garden at home, and a comprehensive Plant and Care Guide that includes everything you will need to know to prepare for, plant, and maintain your new garden.
All gardens will be available for pick up at one of our convenient distribution locations during the months of May and early June. (For the complete 2018 Garden In A Box pick up schedule, see below.) To select your pick up, you must “Proceed to Checkout” on our online store where you will then be prompted to select your pick up location, date, and time. We do not ship our plants.
You may be eligible for a $25 discount on our pre-planned Xeriscape garden collection through your water provider. To claim your discount you will have to first “Proceed to Check Out” in the garden store where you will be prompted to select your water provider. Your discount(s) should then automatically be applied to your order.
Note: The Xeric Greatest Hits garden is NOT eligible for the $25 discount.
Discounts are limited, so make sure you order your garden sooner rather than later!
The Xeric Greatest Hits garden is not eligible for the $25 discount.
- Saturday May 5th
- Denver (South), Greenwood Village City Hall, 6060 South Quebec St, 80111, 12pm-3pm
- Westminster/Arvada, Westminster City Hall, 4800 West 92nd Ave, 80031, 12pm-3pm
- Thursday May 10th
- Loveland, Loveland Power & Water, 200 North Wilson Ave, 80537, 4pm-7pm
- Saturday May 12th
- Golden, Public Works/Planning Office, 1445 10th St, 80401, 12pm-3pm
- Longmont, Longmont Service Center, 1100 South Sherman St, 80501 12pm-3pm
- Boulder County, Resource Central, 6400 Arapahoe Rd, 80303, 12pm-3pm
- Thursday May 17th
- Adams County (Brighton, Lochbuie, Northglenn, Thornton), Adams County Fairgrounds, North Parking Lot at Waymire Dome, 9755 Henderson Rd, 80601, 4pm-7pm
- Saturday May 19th
- Denver (Central), Auraria Campus, Elm Parking Lot, 1201 5th St, 80204, 12pm-3pm
- Greeley, Greeley Xeric Gardens, 2503 Reservoir Rd, 80634, 12pm-3pm
- Lafayette/Erie, City of Lafayette City Hall, 1290 South Public Rd, 80026, 12pm-3pm
- Wednesday May 23rd
- Arvada, Majestic View Nature Center, 7030 Garrison St, 80004, 4pm-7pm
- Thursday May 24th
- Denver (West), Abraham Lincoln High School, 2285 South Federal Blvd, 80219, 5pm-7:30pm
- Wednesday May 30th
- Boulder County, Resource Central, 6400 Arapahoe Rd, 80303, 4pm-7pm
- Thursday May 31st
- Highlands Ranch, Shea Stadium, 3270 Redstone Park Cir, 80129, 4pm-7pm
- Saturday June 2nd
- Castle Rock, Castle Rock Water, 175 Kellogg Ct, 80109, 11am-2pm
- Denver (Highlands), Edison Elementary School, 3350 Quitman St, 80212, 11am-2pm
- Fort Collins, Front Range Community College, 4616 South Shields St, 80526, 11am-2pm
Absolutely. Just make sure that they know the first and last name on the order and what exactly you ordered.
No, not exactly. Your Garden In A Box can easily be planted in a raised bed or garden “box,” but it does not include an actual box to plant the garden in. For full details on what your Garden In A Box does include, see above – “What is a ‘Garden In A Box’ and what does it include?”
Probably, but this will depend on how many gardens you have purchased. Each garden will come with either one or two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays of plants, so please plan accordingly.
Gardens with one 2 ft. x 1 ft. tray:
• Hummingbird Delight
• Purple Reign
• Xeric Greatest Hits
• Victory Garden
Gardens with two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays:
• Butterfly Bounty
• Colors of Colorado
• Honey Bee Heaven
• Painted Shade
All our plants are born and raised in Colorado. Our perennial plants come from Little Valley Wholesale Nursery in Brighton, one of the largest and most reputable nurseries in Colorado, and Gulley Greenhouse in Fort Collins. Our all-organic vegetable plants are grown at Elliott Gardens in Denver.
No. None of our plants have ever been treated with neonicotinoids.
What Customers Say
An Easy Process From Start To Finish
“I can't speak highly enough for this program and have suggested to so many others! We had wanted to take up part of our grass lawn for a while but found it intimidating not having any gardening experience. This was so easy and made so much sense.”
Denver Water Customer
Great For Beginners
“It is such a bargain and simple to do for novices like me!!”
City of Golden Customer
Healthy and Beautiful Plants
“The plants we received were in great shape and ready to be planted. The selection was beautiful. We are loving them!”
City of Loveland Customer