Grass to Garden | City of Lafayette
Our 2020 Lafayette Grass to Garden program is full for the season! If you are still interested in participating if or when this program is offered again, please follow the button below to sign up for the notification list. We’ll reach out when we have availability again. Thank you!
- Create an account to view the webinar.
- Watch the prerequisite 30 minute webinar.
- Pass the quiz or chat with a Resource Central representative.
- Choose a 200 sq. ft. (or more) area of your lawn to transform!
- Submit your application and other required documents (below) by July 10th.
- Landscape Design
- Before Photo
- Recent Water Bill
- Signed Contract
- HOA Approval (if applicable)
- Receive your FREE Lawn Removal Consultation.
- Remove the approved section of grass and send photos.
- Pick up and plant your free Garden In A Box.
- Send a final photo of your new and improved water-wise landscape!
- Schedule your free irrigation consultation.
New This Year!
We are offering our Lawn Removal Service to Lafayette Grass to Garden participants! We’ll do the heavy lifting for you – all you have to do is plant your FREE Garden In A Box. Lawn removal will cost $2/sq. ft. for homeowners. Enroll today!
- 200 sq. ft. Garden In A Box (includes: starter plants, plant by number maps, and plant and care guide)
- Rain Bird Retro 1800 spray to drip irrigation conversion kit
- Water bill credit (Lafayette only – *must have lived in home for 2 years)
- Lawn Removal 101
- Irrigation 101
- Grass to Garden: Step by Step
- Permeable Hardscape Fact Sheet
- Front Range Resource List
- 6 Steps to Transforming Your Lawn Video
- Spray-to-Drip Irrigation Conversion Video
- Transforming Your Lawn into a Xeriscape Garden Presentation
- “Water Savings Coming Soon” Yard Sign
- Example of a Landscape Design
- Rocky Mountain Retreat: Full Sun Garden
- Mountain Shadows: Part Shade Garden
“The turf removal and planting were about what I expected, but the plant designs and choices exceeded my expectations. They still need to fill in but they are already beautiful.” – 2019 Lafayette Grass to Garden Participant
“We are very happy with our garden, and we love the program!” – 2019 Lafayette Grass to Garden Participant
“[My yard] went from a drab rectangle of grass that was very difficult to keep alive to a mass of plants of different colors & textures flowering at different times throughout the year – not to mention all the bees, butterflies, hummingbirds, etc.” – 2017 Lafayette Grass to Garden Participant
Click below for even more resources!