Flush for the Future: save water with a high-efficiency toilet upgrade!
Save water and money with every flush – get a high-efficiency toilet upgrade! Through a partnership with local municipalities and Resource Central, you can get a modern, sleek Niagara Stealth toilet that works even better than your old one and uses a fraction of the water for much less than the cost of buying it at a big box store. The Stealth only uses 0.8 gallons per flush (gpf) and comes in three sizes: 10″ Rough-In Round Bowl, 12″ Rough-In Round Bowl, and 12″ Rough-In Elongated Bowl.
Boulder and Lafayette: 2018 Cost-Share Program
- Install the toilet yourself: $75 Remove your old toilet, discard all non-porcelain parts, and we’ll recycle the old one for you when you come to pick up your new toilet.
- Have our technician install the toilet for you: $175 We have trained technicians who will come to your home during a scheduled appointment time, remove your old toilet and install the new Stealth toilet for you. Removal and recycling of your old toilet is included in this price.
ATTENTION: This program is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. If toilets are no longer available in your community and you would like to be notified if more toilets become available, please add your name and information to our 2018 Toilet Upgrade Notification List.
Note: If your residence has received a toilet through our high-efficiency upgrade program in the past, then that residence is not eligible for another discounted toilet. The same toilet, at the regular retail price of ~$155 is available at our store at 6400 Arapahoe in Boulder (no install included).
Thornton: 2018 Income-Qualified Program
Click here to find out if you qualify and begin an online application in order to reserve your toilet today!
Please note that these toilets are first come first serve, so the sooner you submit an application, the better your chances are of receiving a toilet for this program season.
Thornton Cares Water Assistance Program
Thornton Cares Water Assistance Program participants may be eligible for two toilets via Resource Central technician install for free if all qualifications are met. Participants must be part of the Assistance Program in 2017 or 2018. Call 303-999-3824 for more information.
Is this the right toilet for me?
- The Niagara Stealth Toilet has a beautifully sleek and modern design, making it a stylish upgrade over older, clunkier versions. The Stealth’s quiet flush uses only 0.8 gallons each time while effectively and efficiently removing waste.
- Do I qualify for this program? Since this is a conservation program, your current toilet must use more than 1.28 gallons per flush. If you have a dual-flush, it’s possible that your average flush qualifies. To check your gallons per flush, look for text directly behind the seat (near the tank) or text on the interior tank wall.
- Do I have enough clearance? The Stealth toilet flushes by pushing an elegant silver button on the top of the tank. No more jiggling handles! But this means that you will need to measure the vertical space between the floor and any shelf or other obstruction above the tank of your current toilet to ensure that there is at least 36″ of clearance.
- Will it fit? You will need to measure the rough-in of your current toilet. The rough-in is the distance from the wall to the center of the mounting bolts on your toilet’s base (measure above the baseboard or molding). Toilets vary in size, so make sure the Stealth fits in your bathroom. Grab a ruler or measuring tape!
- Can I get a Round or Elongated toilet bowl? Those with a rough-in measurement of 11.75” or more may choose between the 12″ Rough-In Round Bowl and 12″ Rough-In Elongated Bowl while supplies last. A rough-in that measures less than 11.75″ requires the 10″ Rough-In Round Bowl.
Ready to save money and water with every flush? Fill out our simple application to get your high-efficiency toilet!
There is a limited supply available for each community in Boulder County, Thornton, and Westminster. Future availability of the toilets beyond 2018 has not yet been determined.
When asked how satisfied they were with their Niagara Stealth Toilet, last year’s participants in the Toilet Upgrade Program rated their satisfaction at 4.8 out of 5. Google searches for reviews on Niagara Stealth Toilets will yield similar results.
The Round style has a bowl that is shaped like a circle. It is a little bit smaller than the Elongated style, with a height of 16” to the top of the seat, 30” to the top of the tank, and a depth of 27” from the wall to the front of the bowl. The Elongated has a bowl that is shaped like an oval. It is 17” to the top of the seat, 31” to the top of the tank, and a depth of 28.875” from the wall to the front of the bowl. Both are 20.5” wide and are functionally the same.
The Round bowl shape also is available with a smaller, 10’’ rough-in.
Generally, the tank and bowl are sold separately. Together, they range anywhere from $150 to $200.
Can these toilets really flush large amounts of waste with only 0.8 gallons? Do they clog up easily?
Yes, these toilets can flush large amounts of waste, and no, they do not clog up easily. They use a patented vacuum-assisted flush technology that pushes water through the flush valve at high velocity, using compressed air and a sealed tank. All the waste in the bowl is cleared with a powerful, quiet, single flush, activated by simply pressing the flush button.
Using the industry-standard Maximum Performance (MaP) testing criteria, the Niagara Stealth Toilet received an 800-gram flush score rating as well as a “Premium” status rating. It also passed all IAPMO (International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials) toilet requirements, which include the ability to flush waste at least 40 feet along the drain line. This is a great demonstrative video with details on flush power.
All of the old toilets will be recycled. If you are self-installing, you will need to drop off your old toilet when you pick up your new high-efficiency model. Since only the porcelain will be recycled, you will need to remove all metal and plastic hardware as well as the seat before dropping it off.
They are no louder than any other gravity-flush toilet, and much quieter than a pressure-assisted toilet. Low-water-usage, pressure-assisted toilets use extra force to move waste, and they make a characteristic “whoosh” sound that can be quite startling. The vacuum-assisted design of the Niagara Stealth Toilet avoids that noise while maintaining a strong flush.
Your plumbing and floor must be in good condition. Also, proper hardware such as a flange or other mounting hardware must be present and in good condition in order for our technicians to successfully install the new toilet. If our technicians discover issues that could prevent a safe, proper installation, you will be responsible for any necessary repairs and the installation of the toilet at your own expense. Please see our refund policy.