About the Transformative Landscape Change Challenge
Are you ready to make a significant impact on your community’s environment and support water conservation and sustainability? The Colorado Water Conservation Board (CWCB) and Resource Central are teaming up for the Transformative Landscape Change (TLC) Challenge, a grant program designed to empower communities in their water conservation efforts.
Why Change Our Landscape?
Turf consumes excessive water and requires constant maintenance while waterwise landscapes can reduce water use, support pollinators and create vibrant spaces. The TLC Challenge encourages communities to reimagine a public space and showcase what life after turf can look like by replacing up to 2,000 square feet of turf with low-maintenance perennial plants.
How the TLC Challenge Works
- Select a public property in your community up to 2,000 sq ft
- Provide matching funds (in-kind, like volunteers) or cash funds for materials like mulch or for irrigation changes
- Submit your application via the form below
- Resource Central removes, hauls away and composts the turf
- Gather your community to plant the specially designed Garden In A Box kits from Resource Central
- Showcase to your community for the new waterwise landscape
- Apply by June 1, 2024
Submitting your application
How to apply:
- Identify a 2000 sq ft area of turf to replace with waterwise plants and take photos of the space
- Make a plan for who will manage the space including irrigation updates
- Tell us why you want this project!
- You’ll hear from our team within 4 weeks of applying
- If you are selected, we will complete a consultation & site visit to review project and any questions you may have
- We will schedule turf removal services and deliver Garden In A Box kits with planting maps to fill the blank canvas