According to Boulder County, over 85 thousand tons of construction and deconstruction waste was disposed of in the landfill in 2018. Thank you for helping us mitigate that number.
What Resource Central Does:
1. Performs on-site walkthrough to establish what can be diverted to our non-profit materials reuse facility.
2. Draws up the required forms (C-2) and plans for demolition and deconstruction through the BCBSMD programs.
3. Returns to the site to acquire materials approved during walkthrough sustainable deconstruction assessments.
Your deconstruction assessment walkthrough is free and the deconstruction plan we write for the city demolition permit costs $250. If you’d like to learn more or schedule an appointment for a Deconstruction Assessment, please call the Zero Waste Department, 303.419.5418 x 101, or email our team at pickup@ResourceCentral.org with your project information.
Sustainable Deconstruction Assessments:
Resource Central offers deconstruction assessments for projects across Boulder County. When homeowners choose sustainable deconstruction, our assessments help them successfully material from the waste stream. Resource Central works with homeowners and/or contractors to perform walkthroughs. These walkthroughs determine which material is salvageable. The reusable material often includes (but is not limited to) lumber, doors, windows, cabinetry, and hardwood flooring- all of which qualify as tax-deductible donations (making the cost of deconstruction comparable to that of standard demolition).
Your in-kind donation helps to divert around 4 million pounds of materials from landfills each year while saving you money!
- One-on-one deconstruction education
- On-site visit and assessment
- Deconstruction plan (if applicable)
- Itemized material inventory list
- Tax-deduction information
- Qualified deconstruction contractor and appraiser referral
Please note, for some projects, these services are necessary.
Boulder City and County Requirements
Please note, these services are necessary to fulfill the deconstruction requirements of the Boulder County BuildSmart Material Diversion programs.
If you’d like to learn more or schedule an appointment for a Deconstruction Assessment, please call the Zero Waste Department, 303.419.5418 x 102, or email them at pickup@ResourceCentral.org with your project information.