Rebuild With A Waterwise Garden
Resource Central is partnering with Community Foundation Boulder County to offer perennial, waterwise Garden In A Box kits to any fire-affected homes that were damaged or destroyed in the 2021 Marshall Fire in an effort to assist in the rebuild effort. Qualifying homes will be eligible to receive up to two 100 square foot gardens for free as well as access to volunteer planting help as needed. We are hoping this partnership assists our community in rebuilding “home”, which includes your yard!
TO GET STARTED fill out the online interest form and we’ll be in touch.
Please note, your property must be listed as damaged or destroyed to qualify.
– Any homes deemed “damaged” or “destroyed” by Marshall Fire are eligible. This designation will be verified after your application is submitted via the official Damage Assessment Map.
– Eligible for up to two qualifying Garden In A Box kits free of cost.
– Gardens are offered on a first come, first served basis each season to those who apply and qualify.
How It Works
After your interest form is received, reviewed and approved, we will notify you within 2 weeks to provide you with instructions on how to claim this discount through our online garden store. Please do not place orders without first being approved or you will not receive the full discount! If approved, you are eligible to receive up to 2 gardens from the selections below.
What Is Garden In A Box?
- A waterwise garden alternative to turf grass. Learn more here.
- DIY garden kit comes with starter plants, plant-by-number maps, and plant care information.
- Our gardens are available to claim in either
- March for pick up in the spring (May & June)
- June for pick up in the fall (August & September)
- This program will continue past 2023 and eligibility does not expire until used!
Eager To Start Planning a New Garden?
Check out these resources…