Bask in the balance of the Colorado Oasis garden with a central sweep of grasses harmonized by warm-toned blooms on one side and cool-toned blooms on the other. Much like the canyons along the Colorado Front Range – with a sunny side on the north, a cooler side on the south and a meandering river running through the canyon center, this garden will draw you in to enjoy some respite from the summer’s heat. The warm tones are displayed in the Firecracker Penstemon and Prairie Red Coneflower while the Blue False Indigo and Rocky Mountain Penstemon display brilliant cool tones. The Switchgrass and Blue Grama Grass will provide lovely texture and movement in the breeze. Colorado Oasis covers 60 sq. ft. and features 15 mostly native, xeric perennials of 8 varieties!
Product DetailsDesigned By: Cheval Oldaker of Ecoscape Environmental Designs
- 15 starter plants with 8 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- 1 plant by number layout option (6' x 10' rectangle)
- Exposure: Full sun to part shade (requires a minimum of 4 hrs of direct or indirect sun per day)
- Mature Height Range: 6 in. to 4 ft.
- Hardy to: 7,000 ft.
- Bloom Time: Late spring to late summer
- Benefits: Locally grown and pollinator-friendly
What To Expect
- Our xeric gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 30 starter plants in 4-inch pots. Plants will be small relative to their mature size, and they will not be in full bloom.
- "First year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap!" During the 1st and 2nd growing season, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size. On average, allow 3 years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car - yes, we're talking Mini Cooper small - unless you ordered multiple gardens (we're not judging). One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays (pictured left).
- *When necessary, Resource Central shall select appropriate plant substitutions.
Blue Grama Grass
Blue Native Harebell
Prairie Red Coneflower
Attracts: Birds, Bees, and Butterflies
Rocky Mountain Penstemon
Attracts: Butterflies and Birds
Attracts: Butterflies and Hummingbirds
What Customers Say
Fantastic Blooms with Less Water
“My garden looks fantastic! Most of the plants have bloomed, and they are all thriving. Have definitely used less water for the garden this year.”
City of Lyons Customer
Discover Colorado's Plants
“LOVE that this is a water conservation program! Also, I learned about and have new fondness for several new to me plants, that are good to grow in Colorado, without a lot of water. I am thrilled!”
City of Louisville Customer
Save Time and Receive Beautiful Plants
"All my plants are doing well. I loved getting all the plant this way. It saved time! I didn’t need to make decisions and hunt around for plants at a nursery."
City of Greeley Customer