Converting thirsty lawn into a beautiful, low-water, pollinator-friendly landscape doesn’t have to be exhausting and time consuming! Resource Central’s new Lawn Removal Service is here to help jumpstart your waterwise landscape project by physically removing and composting a section of your lawn. We’ll help get you one step closer to planting the low maintenance Garden In A Box you’ve always dreamed of!
The Lawn Removal Service is contactless and available in most Colorado communities for just $2 per square foot. A limited number of 50% discounts, up to $500, are available to qualified homeowners on a first-come, first-served basis thanks to our partnerships with local water utilities. All projects must be at least 200 square feet.
How It Works
STEP 1: Sign Up
Share your contact information and tell us a bit about your lawn removal project! Simply submit the 1-minute enrollment form below or call 303-999-3820 ext. 221 to get started.
STEP 2: Review & Confirm
If your water utility offers a discount, we’ll send you a short application to gather a bit more info. After that, we’ll have a phone consultation to review your project, answer questions, provide a price estimate, and make sure that your project will help save water. If approved, we’ll collect a $100 deposit and schedule a time to complete the project. Scheduling starts in February with projects occurring from mid May through late September.
STEP 3: Save!
After your contactless Lawn Removal Service, you’ll be left with bare ground and will be ready to complete your waterwise landscape transformation. By removing lawn, you’re sure to save water, money, time, and resources!SIGN UP FOR LAWN REMOVAL SERVICEClick here to enroll in our Lawn Removal Programs
By collaborating with local water utilities, we’re able to put conservation into action and offer discounts of up to $500 off the Lawn Removal Service for residential properties. To qualify for a discount, you must meet all the requirements:
- You must be a current customer of a participating water utility and provide your account number. Participating utilities will be announced in February, 2020. Sign up here to be notified if you qualify for a discount.
- You must sign a program contract agreeing that:
- You will pay the discounted rate of $1/sq. ft. for the first 500 sq. ft. of lawn removed plus $2/sq. ft. for any amount over 500 sq. ft.
- The area of lawn to be removed is currently watered and maintained on a regular schedule
- You will install an approved waterwise landscape alternative such as a Garden In A Box, other xeric plants and shrubs, low-water trees, vegetable gardens, permeable hardscape (gravel), or a combination thereof within 30 days of the lawn removal
- You will properly adjust your irrigation system and/or watering schedule to account for the new low-water landscape
- You will post your project on our companion website, WaterwiseYards.org
If you qualify for the discount, you’ll receive 50% off your project, up to $500. That means you’ll pay just $1 per square foot for the first 500 square feet! Any amount over 500 square feet is billed at the standard rate of $2 per square foot. Discounts are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. We will confirm your eligibility during a brief phone consultation.
Need Landscape Design Help?
Check out our new website, WaterwiseYards.org, for ideas and stories from your neighbors. Learn the techniques and find resources!
Still Have Questions?
Check out our Lawn Removal FAQs, email us at TurfRemoval@ResourceCentral.org, or give us a call at 303-999-3820 ext. 221.