Colors of Colorado garden draws on the warm hues of the characteristic red sandstone that grace the hills of Roxborough State Park, Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, and the Flatirons in Boulder. The striking Red Torch Lily anchors a focal point with favorites like Chocolate Flower and Butterfly Weed playing supporting roles. Hummingbirds, bees, and butterflies will frequent the blooms as often as you do! Bring Colorado’s stunning warm tones to your landscape with this 100 sq. ft. garden, featuring 27 full sun, hardy plants.
- Designed By: Kenton Seth of Paintbrush Gardens
- Covers: 100 sq. ft.
- 27 starter plants with 8 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- 3 plant by number layout options (7 ft. x 14 ft. rectangle, 10 ft. x 10 ft. square, and 12 ft. diameter circle)
- Exposure: Full sun (requires a minimum of 6 hours of full sun per day)
- Mature Height Range: 6 in. to 6 ft.
- Hardiness Max: 6,000 ft.
- Bloom Time: Early summer to fall
- Locally grown
- Great for higher altitudes!
- 6 of 8 plants are native to Colorado
- 7 of 8 plants are deer-resistant*
- 3 of 8 plants are rabbit resistant*
What To Expect
- Our xeric gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 30 starter plants in 4-inch pots. ** Plants will be small relative to their mature size, and they will not be in full bloom.
- "First year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap!" During the 1st and 2nd growing season, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size. On average, allow 3 years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity then start dialing back your water usage!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car - yes, we're talking Mini Cooper small - unless you ordered multiple gardens (we're not judging). One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays (pictured left).
Blue Grama Grass
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies, Birds
Prairie Red Coneflower
Attracts: Bees, Birds, Butterflies
Red Torch Lily
Attracts: Butterflies, Hummingbirds
Scarlet Bugler Penstemon
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies, Hummingbirds
Attracts: Bees, Hummingbirds, Butterflies
What Customers Say
Family Project During Stay at Home
So far, [my new Garden In A Box] been fantastic! It was a family project during quarantine and the plants are already growing and some have blooms. So excited to see how it will grow in the coming years. [I've] been raving about resource central to everyone.
Highlands Ranch Customer
Well Suited Plants for Colorado!
I love knowing that I am buying plants that are well suited for the Colorado environment and that I'm doing my part to save water. I get excited to come out and look at my flowers every day to see how they're changing. The plants are healthy and communication was very clear.
Wheat Ridge Customer
Longtime Garden In A Box Fan
I have been changing my front lawn to xeriscape over the last 6 years and have been buying GIAB since the beginning. These are the only plants that ever survive. My garden is gorgeous and I can't say enough about these gardens.