Our most popular part shade garden is back! Bring a medley of color to your yard’s canopy-covered corners with this charming part shade tolerant garden. This garden includes favorites like the fairy-like blooms of the False Forget Me Not and Blue Balloon Flower as well as the decorative foliage of the Purple Dragon Nettle, Coral Bells, and the Variegated Feather Reed Grass. With 10 varieties and 15 plants, this 60 sqft Mountain Medley garden will liven up those shaded areas of your yard with delightful bursts of color.
- Designed By: Chris Woods of Matrix Gardens
- Covers: 60 sqft
- 15 starter plants with 10 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- 2 plant by number layout options (5' x 12' rectangle and 11' x 11' triangle)
- Exposure: Part shade (Only 4 hours of indirect or direct sun per day)
- Mature Height Range: 2 in to 3 ft
- Hardiness Max: 6,500 ft
- Bloom Time: Early spring to fall
- Locally grown
- Pollinator supporting
- 4 of 10 plants are rabbit resistant*
- 8 of 10 plants are deer resistant*
Blue Balloon Flower
Crystal River Speedwell
False Forget Me Not
Palace Purple Coral Bells
Purple Dragon Nettle
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies, Hummingbirds
Red Coral Bells
Variegated Feather Reed Grass
Attracts: Bees, Birds, Butterflies
What To Expect
- Our xeric gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 30 starter plants in 4-inch pots.* Plants will be small relative to their mature size and they will not be in full bloom.
- First year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap! During the 1st and 2nd growing season, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size.
- On average, allow 3 years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car - yes, we're talking Mini Cooper small - unless you ordered multiple gardens (we're not judging). One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft x 1 ft trays (pictured left).
What Customers Say
Best Way To Add Beauty
“Thank you for the opportunity to participate. I hope you will continue to spread the word, Garden in a box is the best way I have found to efficiently add beauty to my outside area and conserve water and also cut back on weeds.”
Great Mix of Perennials
“Great mix of low water usage flowers.”
Castle Rock Customer
Appropriate Plants for Colorado
“This was a fantastic way for us to landscape with plants that area appropriate to Colorado and will help us save what will soon be one of our most precious resources. We’re so glad we found this program!”