Designed with our local pollinators in mind, so naturally, this garden features local, native plants! Naturally Native’s low water perennials evolved alongside native varieties of bees, butterflies, and more, making them perfect pollinator hosts. This 60 sqft garden includes 15 plants, and also displays colors of salmon red, pink, yellow, lavender, blue and silvery-green. For gardeners committed to inviting native pollinators into their yard, Naturally Native is a natural choice!
- Designed By: Stephanie Kopplin of City of Fort Collins
- Covers: 60 sqft
- 15 starter plants with 8 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- 3 plant by number layout options (5' x 12' rectangle, 6' x 13' oval, and 9' circle)
- Exposure: Full sun (requires a minimum of 6 hours direct sun per day)
- Mature Height: 1 in to 4 ft
- Hardiness Max: 8,000 ft
- Bloom Time: Late spring to fall
- Locally grown
- Pollinator supporting
- All 8 plants are native to Colorado!
- 8 of 8 plants are deer resistant*
- 6 of 8 plants are rabbit resistant*
Dwarf Blue Rabbitbrush
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies
Little Bluestem Grass
Attracts: Bees, Birds, Butterflies, Hummingbirds
Native Lavender Bee Balm
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies, Hummingbirds
Wild Blue Flax
What To Expect
- Our xeric gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 30 starter plants in 4-inch pots.* Plants will be small relative to their mature size and they will not be in full bloom.
- "First year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap!" During the 1st and 2nd growing season, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size. On average, allow 3 years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car - yes, we're talking Mini Cooper small - unless you ordered multiple gardens (we're not judging). One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft x 1 ft trays (pictured left).
What Customers Say
Quality Plants with Rapid Growth
“I was really surprised to see first year flowering and rapid growth. The care these plants had...was much higher quality than the plants I’ve purchased elsewhere in the past. I am very impressed as none of the plantings have failed. Will definitely buy again. Saving water and having a lovely garden is wonderful. Your staff is great!”
City of Northglenn Customer
Gardens to Fill Your Yard
“This was our third year planting a garden in a box and so most of our yard consists of them! Our garden was on the Arvada historical Society garden tour this year and we got a lot of great feedback about our plants.”
City of Arvada Customer
Magical Transformations for Pollinators and People
“Thank You! The Gardens in a Box have made for an incredible transformation in my backyard and has been magical journey for me and my grandchildren as they learn more about pollinators. Looking forward to adding more next year!”
Loveland Water & Power Customer