The Purple Reign garden is the perfect addition to any lower light area in your landscape. Early season beauties like Palace Purple Coral Bells and European Pasque Flower will bring royal elegance to your landscape. Create a peaceful place to relax with the soft hues of blues, pinks and purples in this part shade garden. Smell the magnificent Zing Roses during the sweltering summer heat. With plants like Alpine Columbine and Corsican Violet, this garden is even well suited for higher elevations, up to 7,000’. The Purple Reign garden covers 60 square feet and features 15 show-stopping xeric perennials creating a view fit for royalty!
At times, we may have to substitute specific plants but we will always do our best to maintain the color and feel of this garden.
- Designed By: Cassey Anderson, Horticulture Agent for CSU Extension Adams County
- Covers: 60 sq. ft.
- Purchase Includes:
- 15 starter plants with 10 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- 2 plant by number layout options (8' x 7.5' square and 6.5' x 10' half circle)
- Printed educational materials with watering guidelines and plant maintenance suggestions
- Exposure: Part shade (Only 4 hours of indirect or direct sun per day)
- Mature Height Range: 6 in. to 4 ft.
- Hardiness Max: 7,000 ft.
- Bloom Time: Early spring to fall
- Locally grown
- Pollinator supporting
- 1 of 10 plants are native to Colorado
- 7 of 10 plants are deer resistant*
- 4 of 10 plants are rabbit resistant*
Attracts: Butterflies, Hummingbirds
Blue Native Harebell
Crystal River Speedwell
European Pasque Flower
Attracts: Bees, Butterflies
Attracts: Bees, Hummingbirds
Attracts: Bees, Birds, Butterflies
Palace Purple Coral Bells
What To Expect
- Our xeric gardens feature anywhere from 6 to 51 starter plants in 4-inch pots. Upon pick up, plants will be small relative to their mature size and they may not be in full bloom.
- Occasionally things don't grow as planned. At times, we may have to substitute specific plants but we will always do our best to maintain the color and feel of this garden.
- "First year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap!" During the first and second growing seasons, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size. On average, allow two to three years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Most gardens will easily fit in a small car - yes, we're talking Mini Cooper small - unless you ordered multiple gardens (we're not judging). One garden will come in either one, two, or four 2 ft x 1 ft trays, (pictured left). For more information on the size of gardens, visit our FAQs page below.
What Customers Say
Best Way To Add Beauty
“Thank you for the opportunity to participate. I hope you will continue to spread the word, Garden in a box is the best way I have found to efficiently add beauty to my outside area and conserve water and also cut back on weeds.”
Great Mix of Perennials
“Great mix of low water usage flowers.”
Castle Rock Customer
Appropriate Plants for Colorado
“This was a fantastic way for us to landscape with plants that area appropriate to Colorado and will help us save what will soon be one of our most precious resources. We’re so glad we found this program!”