We’ve pulled together a selection of our favorite low-maintenance xeric perennials to be used creatively throughout your garden. Rather than a traditional Garden In A Box, which includes a set plant by number design, the Xeric Greatest Hits provides individual plant selections to fill in the gaps and holes in your existing landscape. This years’ collection includes stunning beauties like, the unforgettable feathery wand of the Kobold Gayfeather, the charming light-blue hues of the Blue Flax, and the stellar golden display of the Super Star Tickseed. A great addition to a new or existing garden, get creative and customize your landscape with these 14 beautiful xeric perennials!
- 14 starter plants with 7 different varieties in 4-inch pots
- Plant as you wish! Plant by number layout not included.
- Exposure: Full Sun to Filtered Shade (Most of the plants require a minimum of 6 hrs. of Full Sun per day)
- Mature Height: 1 in. to 3 ft.
- Hardy To: 5,000 - 8,500 feet
- Colorful: Late Spring to Late Summer
- Benefits: Locally grown, pollinator friendly, and perfect for filling in gaps and holes in your landscape
What To Expect
- Our xeric gardens feature anywhere from 14 to 30 starter plants in 4-inch pots. Plants will be small relative to their mature size, and they will not be in full bloom.
- First year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap! During the 1st and 2nd growing season, xeric plants will be in the establishment phase – requiring regular watering to encourage a deep taproot system, and not yet having reached their full size.
- On average, allow 3 years for your Xeriscape garden to reach full maturity!
- Gardens will easily fit in a small car - yes, we're talking Mini Cooper small - unless you ordered multiple gardens (we're not judging). One garden will come in either one or two 2 ft. x 1ft. trays (pictured left).
Attracts: Hummingbirds, Butterflies, Bees
Mexican Feather Grass
Powis Castle Sage
Red Mountain Flame Iceplant
Attracts: Butterflies, Hummingbirds, Bees
Super Star Tickseed
Attracts: Butterflies, Birds, Bees
What Customers Say
Planting Maps Make It A Breeze
“What a great way to get water-efficient plants! Loved the mix and the suggested garden layouts made the whole planting process a breeze.”
One of the Best Organized Experiences
“This was one of the best organized experiences I have been to. I’m enjoying what I am growing currently and fully intend to do this again with more boxes.”
Healthy Plants Already Blooming
“Very healthy plants that were surprisingly good sized. Some are already blooming in my garden! I highly recommend this program as I got varieties that I would not have normally chosen.”
Fort Collins Customer