Low-Water Gardening Made Easy
Garden In A Box offers a simple approach to water-wise gardening. Resource Central’s professionally designed gardens contain perennial, xeric (low water) plants for your landscaping needs. Homeowners, communities, and HOAs can plant the gardens to replace turf, reduce watering requirements, and otherwise improve conservation practices for their landscapes.
Professional Designs, Expert Advice
Even if you don’t have a green thumb, your Garden In A Box will take the guesswork out of beautifying your landscape and reducing water use at the same time. Each garden kit comes with 14-32 starter plants, a comprehensive Plant and Care Guide, at least 1 plant by number map, educational resources about water conservation practices and the principles of Xeriscape, and other valuable information that helps you support water conservation with sustainable practices.
Save more – apply your discount!
Garden discounts are offered in partnership with local and regional water utilities and municipalities. Gardens are also available to customers outside these partnerships and are very competitively priced. To see if you qualify for a discount through your city, see if your city is listed here.
Our Spring 2018 Garden Collection is Here!
Xeric Greatest Hits
Add a splash of color to your garden just where you need it with these 14 popular xeric plants.
Honey Bee Heaven
Enjoy the buzzin’ bees all summer with this 72 sq. ft. perennial garden featuring 23 full sun xeric plants.$136.00
Eat fresh, home-grown produce all summer long with the 32 plant Victory Garden!$79.00
Colors of Colorado
Bring Colorado’s stunning scenery to your landscape with this 100 sq. ft. perennial garden that features 29 full sun xeric plants.
Add a splash of color to the shaded areas of your landscape with this 100 sq. ft. garden that features 30 partial shade xeric perennials.
Make your landscape sing with this 60 sq. ft. shade garden featuring 15 show-stopping xeric perennials.$109.00
Welcome the birds, the bees AND the butterflies to your yard with this 100 sq. ft. perennial garden featuring 29 full sun xeric plants.$154.00
Most simply put, “Garden In A Box” is an easy, professionally designed, do it yourself xeric (low water) perennial or veggie garden kit.
Gardens include 14-32 starter plants that come in either 4-inch or 2.5-inch pots. These plants come in rectangular 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays (see photo below), and will be hardened-off and ready to plant when you pick them up!
Each garden also includes 1-3 professionally designed plant by number maps that make it easy to install your own perennial or vegetable garden at home, and a comprehensive Plant and Care Guide that includes everything you will need to know to prepare for, plant, and maintain your new garden.
All gardens will be available for pick up at one of our convenient distribution locations during the month of May. (For the complete 2018 Garden In A Box pick up schedule, see below.) To select your pick up, you must “Proceed to Checkout” on our online store where you will then be prompted to select your pick up location, date, and time. We do not ship our plants.
You may be eligible for a $25 discount on our pre-planned Xeriscape garden collection through your water provider. To claim your discount you will have to first “Proceed to Check Out” in the garden store where you will be prompted to select your water provider. Your discount(s) should then automatically be applied to your order.
Discounts are limited, so make sure you order your garden sooner rather than later!
Residents in participating cities can receive a $25 discount on xeric gardens as long as discounts are still available.
2018 Participating cities include:
- Arvada (Sold Out)
- Castle Rock (Sold Out)
- Centennial Water (Sold Out)
- Cottonwood Water and Sanitation District
- Denver Water
- Fort Collins Utilities (Sold Out)
- Greeley (Sold Out)
- Longmont (Sold Out)
- Loveland Water and Power (Sold Out)
- Lyons (Sold Out)
- Westminster (Sold Out)
Whether you reside in a participating city or not, you may purchase a garden without the discount.
- Saturday May 5th
- Denver (South), Greenwood Village City Hall, 6060 South Quebec St, 80111, 12pm-3pm
- Westminster/Arvada, Westminster City Hall, 4800 West 92nd Ave, 80031, 12pm-3pm
- Thursday May 10th
- Loveland, Loveland Power & Water, 200 North Wilson Ave, 80537, 4pm-7pm
- Saturday May 12th
- Golden, Public Works/Planning Office, 1445 10th St, 80401, 12pm-3pm
- Longmont, Longmont Service Center, 1100 South Sherman St, 80501 12pm-3pm
- Boulder County, Resource Central, 6400 Arapahoe Rd, 80303, 12pm-3pm
- Thursday May 17th
- Adams County (Brighton, Lochbuie, Northglenn, Thornton), Adams County Fairgrounds, North Parking Lot at Waymire Dome, 9755 Henderson Rd, 80601, 4pm-7pm
- Saturday May 19th
- Denver (Central), Auraria Campus, Elm Parking Lot, 1201 5th St, 80204, 12pm-3pm
- Greeley, Greeley Xeric Gardens, 2503 Reservoir Rd, 80634, 12pm-3pm
- Lafayette/Erie, City of Lafayette City Hall, 1290 South Public Rd, 80026, 12pm-3pm
- Wednesday May 23rd
- Arvada, Majestic View Nature Center, 7030 Garrison St, 80004, 4pm-7pm
- Thursday May 24th
- Denver (West), Abraham Lincoln High School, 2285 South Federal Blvd, 80219, 5pm-7:30pm
- Wednesday May 30th
- Boulder County, Resource Central, 6400 Arapahoe Rd, 80303, 4pm-7pm
- Thursday May 31st
- Highlands Ranch, Shea Stadium, 3270 Redstone Park Cir, 80129, 4pm-7pm
- Saturday June 2nd
- Castle Rock, Castle Rock Water, 175 Kellogg Ct, 80109, 11am-2pm
- Denver (Highlands), Edison Elementary School, 3350 Quitman St, 80212, 11am-2pm
- Fort Collins, Front Range Community College, 4616 South Shields St, 80526, 11am-2pm
Absolutely. Just make sure that they know the first and last name on the order and what exactly you ordered.
No, not exactly. Your Garden In A Box can easily be planted in a raised bed or garden “box,” but it does not include an actual box to plant the garden in. For full details on what your Garden In A Box does include, see above – “What is a ‘Garden In A Box’ and what does it include?”
Probably, but this will depend on how many gardens you have purchased. Each garden will come with either one or two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays of plants, so please plan accordingly.
Gardens with one 2 ft. x 1 ft. tray:
- Hummingbird Delight
- Purple Reign
- Xeric Greatest Hits
- Victory Garden
Gardens with two 2 ft. x 1 ft. trays:
- Butterfly Bounty
- Colors of Colorado
- Honey Bee Heaven
- Painted Shade
All our plants are born and raised in Colorado. Our perennial plants come from Little Valley Wholesale Nursery in Brighton, one of the largest and most reputable nurseries in Colorado, and Gulley Nursery in Fort Collins. Our vegetable gardens are grown by Elliot Gardens in Denver.
No. None of our plants have ever been treated with neonicotinoids.
Refunds are accepted until 10 business days prior to your requested pick up. Once you have received your garden there are no exchanges or returns.